For 3 years, interior designers in all stages of business counted on Lesley's weekly BadassBizTips email to provide actionable business ideas, insights, and encouragement.
Access the entire BadassBizTips archive (over 90 free articles!) to help kickstart your business, motivate you through a slump, and embrace your own unique way of doing business.
Design Fees + Money
- Hourly vs. flat fee
- Are clients freaking out about your fees?
- Are you actually paying yourself?
- Why is it so hard to charge what you're worth?
- Help! I'm undercharging
- Everyone says to raise your rates...
- Should you charge for procurement?
- What you need to know before estimating time for clients
- Do you actually know how long interior design takes?
Taking Care of Clients
- Potential clients are knocking at your door...
- 'Tis the season to say thank you
- If you're out of office, should you announce it?
- The biggest mistake with new clients
- Managing client expectations
- Welcome, new client...now what?
- Booked a new client? Here's what's next
- What's in your consultation bag?
- What are your ideal clients escaping from?
Marketing + Social Media
- Which social media channels are best for designers?
- Get your face on camera
- Help! I need social media images
- Maybe Facebook is okay after all
- Do this one thing to find new clients now
- I don't have a portfolio, so how do I attract new clients?
- Send marketing emails like a pro
- Do you really need a mailing list?
- Need help creating content ideas?
- Don't burn yourself out coming up with content ideas
- How to stop social media burnout
- Should you start a blog?
Procurement + Vendors
- Should you get multiple contractor bids?
- Should I let clients hire trades directly?
- Dealing with difficult vendors
- Can you find the perfect sofa in 30 minutes?
- Help! Sourcing is stressing me out
- 3 words that took the stress out of sourcing
- Is procurement actually costing you money?
- How to make the most moolah selling furnishings
- Is High Point or Las Vegas market worth the trip?
- What are your go-to colors?
Contracts + Legal
FYI I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; just anecdotes about what I've found beneficial in my business.