I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. You know how I can tell? First, I’ve just felt…off. Second, I made this video about how to hang a gallery wall TWO WEEKS AGO and didn’t even realize I hadn’t shared it on the blog.
Good thing I’ve snapped out my funk, because this is useful stuff. Check out the easy way I hang gallery walls – and you’ll also get to hear a little song about tucking in my pants that you won’t be able to get out of your head. Guaranteed.
(Can’t see the embedded video? Click here.)
Don’t feel like watching the video? Here are the basics of hanging a gallery wall, no measuring needed. It’s very un-scientific, like me:
- 1. Lay out all of your frames on the floor until you’ve found an awesome arrangement that feels balanced.
- 2. Snap a quick photo for reference with your phone. Don’t skip this step. Really. A crappy quality photo is fine; you just need to be able to see where all the frames belong.
- 3. Start by hanging the frame in the bottom middle first. This ensures your arrangement will be properly centered.
- 4. Work upwards and outwards to hang all the other frames, referring to your photo for spacing reference.
- 5. Make a cocktail and relax. You’ve earned it.
This method of hanging a gallery wall does take a little eyeballing and some confidence, but you got this. Go get ’em, Tiger.
Want more awesome design tips and inspiration? Get my FREE e-book, 5 Tips to Design a Clean and Colorful Living Room That Totally Kicks Ass, as well as exclusive weekly content by email right here.