Software + Services for Interior Designers
These are the programs, systems, and services that I use (or have used) at Lesley Myrick Interior Design and highly recommend for interior designers.
Some links are affiliate links, and I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
Bookkeeping/Taxes + Legal
- QuickBooks Online - syncs with DesignFiles, and Quickbooks is the best (however, I stay out of it and let my bookkeeper handle things!).
- MileIQ - automatically tracks mileage and creates a report for tax time
- SignNow - online document signing. I like SignNow because you can create a signing link for documents (instead of sending a separate email).
- Business By the Book - my bookkeeping team, and I LOVE them. Based in GA but they work with designers all over the US.
Design Software + Services
- SketchUp - design software for creating 2D floor plans and 3D renderings.
- LayOut - essential with SketchUp for creating drawing presentations with title blocks, annotations, and dimensions.
- Foyr Neo - easy space planning and 3-D renderings.
- Sketchup for Interior Designers - awesome online Sketchup training.
- Kelly Fridline - provides rendering services and Chief Architect training.
- Upwork - a great place to hire freelancers for graphic design, blogging, social media, email content, and more.
Websites + Website Tools
- WordPress - my fave website builder. Tons of free customization options.
- Acuity Scheduling - online scheduling for phone calls, design consultations, and more. You can also sell design packages, subscriptions, and utilize coupon codes.
- Interact - an online quiz maker with the capability to collect email addresses and build your mailing list.