Our Favorite Software Tools
These are the programs, systems, and services that we use (or have used) at Lesley Myrick Interior Design and highly recommend for interior designers.
Some links are affiliate links, and I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
- Slack - cuts down on email by keeping conversations from your team in one place.
- Google Meet - free video conferencing with screen-sharing capabilities. Great for virtual design projects and team meetings, and there are no meeting time limits.
- Zoom - better quality video conferencing software, but free meetings are limited to 45 minutes.
Websites + Website Tools
- WordPress - my fave website builder. Tons of free customization options.
- Acuity Scheduling - online scheduling for phone calls, design consultations, and more. You can also sell design packages, subscriptions, and utilize coupon codes.
- Interact - an online quiz maker with the capability to collect email addresses and build your mailing list.
Design Software + Services
- SketchUp - design software for creating 2D floor plans and 3D renderings.
- LayOut - essential with SketchUp for creating drawing presentations with title blocks, annotations, and dimensions.
- Foyr Neo - easy space planning and 3-D renderings.
- Sketchup for Interior Designers - awesome online Sketchup training.
- SideDoor - create shoppable collections of trade-only furnishings and decor for clients (or for your blog or social media) and earn an average 30% commission on each sale.