Our Favorite Software Tools
These are the programs, systems, and services that we use (or have used) at Lesley Myrick Interior Design and highly recommend for interior designers.
Some links are affiliate links, and I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
- DesignFiles - THE BEST for creating moodboards, proposals, invoices, POs, and more. You can also sell design packages. I've tried just about everything and this is my current fave.
- Asana - a beautiful (and free!) task management system for individuals and teams.
- Slack - cuts down on email by keeping conversations from your team in one place.
- Google Meet - free video conferencing with screen-sharing capabilities. Great for virtual design projects and team meetings, and there are no meeting time limits.
- Zoom - better quality video conferencing software, but free meetings are limited to 45 minutes.
Websites + Website Tools
- WordPress - my fave website builder. Tons of free customization options.
- Acuity Scheduling - online scheduling for phone calls, design consultations, and more. You can also sell design packages, subscriptions, and utilize coupon codes.
- Interact - an online quiz maker with the capability to collect email addresses and build your mailing list.
Design Software + Services
- SketchUp - design software for creating 2D floor plans and 3D renderings.
- LayOut - essential with SketchUp for creating drawing presentations with title blocks, annotations, and dimensions.
- Foyr Neo - easy space planning and 3-D renderings.
- Sketchup for Interior Designers - awesome online Sketchup training.
- SideDoor - create shoppable collections of trade-only furnishings and decor for clients (or for your blog or social media) and earn an average 30% commission on each sale.
- ActiveCampaign - add an opt-in on your website and easily tag your contacts so that you can best market to them, and create easy email automations.
Bookkeeping + Taxes
- QuickBooks Online - syncs with DesignFiles, and Quickbooks is the best (however, I stay out of it and let my bookkeeper handle things!).
- MileIQ - automatically tracks mileage and creates a report for tax time
Document Storage + Sharing
- Google Drive - since all of my docs are in Google Drive, I like to store photos and video here too. (Get 20% off your first year of the Business plan with code M9FT94QQ4LHXRYG)
- Dropbox - another great option for photo and video storage.